This week we’ve been looking at the amazing rollout of a really great new NTF game. The characters are especially endearing. When it comes to characters; there is a nice article breaking down why Japanese websites look so different. On the tech side of things Notion is rolling out some smart integrations, some people are even using Notion as a CMS. We also came across a few good links for shoreing up your tech stack, hope you find them useful!!!
Design of the week
- With $70 Million poured into “the largest and highest quality game the NFT space has ever seen” 🤔 Looks to be a hit (or a scam). But Pixelmon Kevin seams to be worth every coin!!
- Randomwire has a breakdown of why Japanese (and other logographic based language’s) web design looks SO DIFFERENT, its not just writing direction, its also cultural.
Tech of the week
- We are looking forward to the Synced Databases feature coming up in Notion!
- While we are talking about Notion; can it be used as a CMS?? (Yes… Until Notion changes something that is...)
- Finally! ECMAScript 2022 introduces at() method in Array, String, TypedArray.
- Theres a new design for the MDN website. Did design make it worse? Apparently some think so.
- Flightcontrol has reached version 1.0. It is a tool for setting up your own Platform as a Service, something like Heroku, on your own cloud infrastructure.
- Its a bit like best-before use dates for software, gives you an overview of everything in one place. Dont get stuck with lumpy milk in your tech stack!
- Get some confidence in your opensource packages. Find and maintain credible opensource packages with Socket.