Can heaven freeze over too? This, and many other things was not discussed, as we sat down for this week's rundown of things that are going on in the world of design and tech.
- Mayank, a design-driven web developer, lays out the good, bad, and the ugly about React Server Components. Criticism within the React community can sometimes put you in a hot seat, but chill, it is well written and sympathetically explained.
- If sustainability and privacy wasn't enough, digital services should also sustain your brain better. Reduced screen time is a new years resolution stronghold, and perhaps it's time to revisit it. But also, think about it for a moment. Let's say you're drinking too much. If that's the case, then the doctor will tell you to stop drinking all together. But, if you drink a little, every day, you'll be a lifelong customer. House wins.
Design of the week
- We're obviously suckers for good design and platforms that match the service well. POOL is one of those. It's a brilliant concept, built on a seemingly low code platform just like startups like this should, all well designed and beautifully explained.
Tech of the week
- Perhaps most surprisingly, Tetris hasn't been beat in its 40 year history. That is, until a 13 year old boy had an overlord moment.
- InVision, a $2B design startup, once looked very promising as it was taking the fight to Adobe. But Figma soon entered the tournament too, and a few years later, InVisions Freehand was sold off to Miro. InVision just announced that they're closing down its design collaboration services.