It's Friday and we're here to let you know that text editors aren't 'sexy', AI shouldn't tutor our kids, and many other click-baity things we found useful and/or interesting in the intersection of design and tech lately.
Tech of the week
- OpenAI debuts a GDP store where you can buy and sell customised chatbots.
- Ars Technica has a cautionary tale about how a 'ridiculously weak' password to the DNS registry spelled doom a huge mobile carrier.
- Shopify has some mind blowing numbers to talk about in this article on how they increase performance and reduce complexity in their engineering dept.
- Can a native text editor be sexy? No. Regardless of the reviewers Freudian problems evident in an early five-star review on App Store, the developer behind the app has an interesting story to tell about how the app came to be.
- Google first, readers last? The Verge looks into how the need for attention gradually has reshaped the web around Google algorithms.